Monday, January 28, 2013

Introducing: Amber Kemp-Gerstel...

We are counting down the days to our first challenge here on the Festive Friday Challenge Blog, and as we do, I want to introduce you to the incredibly talented Design Team that will be bringing you Christmas inspiration every two weeks! In alphabetical order, I'll be introducing you to each member over the coming days, and showing you a sampling of their talents, so you get a taste of what's in store! I also asked each member to share something about themselves so you can get to know them better.

First up is someone I am *so* proud to say is my friend. You might know Amber Kemp-Gerstel from her awesome blog, Damask Love, or you might know her from her incredible charity project, Drawn Together. Amber is incredibly dynamic, and her bubbly personality shows through in her writing, and her beautiful, perfectly executed CAS projects. She can make a mean card, but she loves to think outside of the cardstock and makes the most ingenius non-card projects. She brings a sharp, clean esthetic to our challenge, as well as her sense of humour, and I am so excited to have her as part of our team!


My name is Amber Kemp-Gerstel and Miami, Florida is home (though I’ll always have a soft spot for my SF Bay Area stomping grounds!). By day, I am a child psycholgist, but once the workday is done, you can find me crafting like a madwoman. I began blogging in January 2011 in order to share my handmade card creations. Since that time, Damask Love has grown into a place for all things handmade with paper. I especially love to create handmade packaging and gifts. My style is clean and simple, though I love rustic motifs! Outside of the craftoom, some of my loves include colorful shoes, egg salad on pumpernickel and late night reruns of 1980’s sitcoms (Golden Girls, anyone?) 

Here is one my favourites of Amber's gorgeous Christmas cards... can you believe she made that star?


Remember to visit again tomorrow, and meet another talented member of our amazing team!

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

What a joy to see Amber on the team I admire her work! Her sparkly pink star on this card is divine! Congrats Amber ;)